14 May 2010

Ssh.

Hey, y'all.

Long time, no post.  I've been busy, I suppose, but mostly I didn't have much to blog about with my roommate in school for the semester.  Let me tell you, though, now that he's on summer vacation I'll have an arsenal of verbal attack.

So what's new with us? Well, recently, my roommate has taken to sleeping in the living room.  Why?  Apparently my cat (who hates my roommate) peed on his bed because he hadn't fed them while I was out of town for a few days.  Instead of cleaning it up, feeding the cats, and keeping his bedroom door closed while he's away or asleep, he though it would be a better idea to relocate to the couch, and, of course, leave his bedroom door open still.  For how long?  "Till I think the cats won't go in my room anymore," says he.  My roommate must be an animal behavioral psychologist when I'm not looking.

This of course opens up a whole series of problems, the main one being that I am always the first awake and I enjoy my time in the common area of the house cooking, listening to music, and responding to emails and phone calls for school and work.  The cats like being with me outside of my bedroom where they can look out the back door and I can get shit done away from my usual work area. 

Today I went to make myself some lunch when I heard, "Can you keep it down? I'm sleeping." Beg your pardon, sir, I understand it's the wee hours of the afternoon.  You keep me up playing video games with an entire attitude of teenagers shouting "FAGGOT" and "PUSSY" in my house at 2 or 3 in the morning while sucking a big one at Wii games meant for children, but I really ought to be a little more considerate and sensitive to your problems.

Anyway, I accidentally dropped 4 pans and let the kettle whistle for about half a minute after I told him I'd be quieter.  Woops...

No comments:

Post a Comment