05 March 2010

I really love 'I-told-you-so' moments

Lately I've been doing yoga in the morning and at night.  Of course, morning for me is about 11am, but that's what happens when you work nights.  I don't really buy into the meditative elements behind yoga, but I enjoy the peace and quiet that comes from having my feet twisted behind my head.

This morning, I was midway through a shoulder-stand when I heard some commotion from outside my bedroom door.  Then I heard the shower run for not more than 5 minutes, followed by a shout about my roommate evidently having to work today.  I came down from my shoulder-stand and asked what the hell he was yapping about.  He was 25 minutes late by the time he left the apartment.

I wonder what he uses that Moleskine notebook for if not to write down class assignments and a work schedule.  Maybe "go to sleep" and "wake up" are in there along with a tentative grocery list of "orange juice, potato chips, and toilet paper."  And he gets after me for writing down "everything" like "The Oscars" and "Kite Festival - Roy in town" as if they were pointless things that didn't demand attention.  He had previously made some snide remark at me for having a planner after having graduated college.

"What do you have to even write in there?"

"I don't know.  My work schedule, maybe."

No comments:

Post a Comment